SBCA teamed up with the professional leadership coaching services of Leaders Edge 360 to offer component manufacturers powerful leadership training. Leaders Edge 360 is led by founder Randy Goruk
, a seasoned and successful corporate executive, small-business owner, and certified coach.
Randy Goruk, President – Partner
Randy Goruk is the founder and President of LeadersEdge360.com, a leadership development firm focused on maximizing personal and professional achievement. For over 30 years, Randy has been known for his compelling and inspiring speaking style, and is masterful in executive and leadership coaching that propels each client forward to meet their strategic goals, improve skills and elevate performance.
Randy is a 26-year veteran of the corporate world, having served in key leadership positions across North America for Trus Joist – A Weyerhaeuser Business, most notably as the President of Trus Joist Canada, and Sr. Vice President of North American Residential Operations, a $750 million business unit.
His extensive experience includes the following awards, opportunities, and challenges:
- “Outstanding Salesman of the Year” awards on his path from technical draftsman to senior management
- President of Canadian Operations and creator of the “Canada Gold” program, a company-wide growth initiative that effectively transformed Trus Joist’s (TJ) Canadian business to profitability by empowering and engaging his teams and employees in the process
- Pioneering the growth and expansion of the TJ Canadian business to the Eastern Canadian residential markets
- Sr. Vice President of the TJ North American Residential business – a $750 million business unit
- Responsibility for startup, introduction, and commercialization of a new engineered wood product, TimberStrand® LSL, with ultimate accountability for: manufacturing design/ramp up, engineering, sales/marketing, and profitability
- Responsibility for commercialization of Parallam® PSL engineered wood product, with ultimate accountability for: manufacturing design/ramp up, engineering, sales/marketing, and profitability
Primary liaison with executives of MacMillan Bloedel (MB) and Weyerhaeuser Corporation, TJ’s two large, competitive North American distributors
- Responsible for major organizational transitions when TJ formed a joint venture with MB
- Recognized for exceptional individual qualities in leadership and marketing as one of a very few recipients of the prestigious Harold Thomas Award presented by TJ
- Personally coached, mentored, and developed many of the company’s past and existing leaders
- Presented in multiple Board meetings, participated in shareholders meetings, and provided presentations or keynotes in numerous international sales meetings during his career
Because of his experiences leading a multi-million dollar organization through many challenging times, Randy became an expert in identifying key leadership attributes, the most common leadership mistakes, and specific tactics good leaders and teams can implement immediately to create professional and organizational growth.
Foundation of the Leaders Edge 360 Business
This now proven equation for planning, leadership and performance is the foundation and purpose of the products and services that Leaders Edge 360 offers and Randy is directly involved in all Leadership projects, sharing his personal knowledge, experience, and expertise for your success.